Want to explore our wonderful region in a different way? Call Kaouann! We create bespoke trips taking you off the beaten track so you can experience the true culture of Brittany and the people who make it so special. By foot, by bike, by kayak or even surfboard, we offer you an active and eco-friendly discovery of all Brittany has to offer. Immerse yourself in our wild landscapes, experience the Breton hospitality and discover the iconic landmarks.
We organise hiking trips, cycling holidays or multi-activity trips accompanied by an Englishspeaking local guide. Join a group adventure or create a bespoke experience with a group of friends! Hike and cycle from Le Mont Saint Michel to Saint Malo, kayak through the granite rose coast or Brehat, visit Roscoff, explore the Gulf of Morbihan, take a boat to Belle-Ile or admire the wild coast of the Finistere, we can make it possible!
Travel with friends, your partner, or family with the peace of mind that we have taken care of the details! From your eco-accommodation to catering, baggage transfer, maps and guides, we’ve got it covered. All that’s left for you to do is enjoy exploring Brittany! We are here to create your perfect trip!
Work Trips and Team-building
Looking to organise a trip for your company? A team-bonding activity based on the shared values of respect for the environment? Get in touch and we would be delighted to create the perfect trip for you!
- We favour short haul trips with minimal environmental impact using low carbon footprint transport.
- We buy either eco-friendly or pre-loved materials for a reduced impact on our planet.
- We believe in honest and fair prices for you and our suppliers.
- We donate a percentage of our proﬁts to local associations committed to sustainable development.
- All our suppliers and collaborators are Breton. We use entirely locally sourced produce, mostly from organic farming.
- Our guides are born and bred Bretons with in-depth knowledge of the nature, culture and history of the land.
- We work with local people to offer you classic or unusual accommodation, giving you a unique immersion into their environment.
- Travel off the beaten track, far from mass tourism to unearth the hidden spots in a unique way.
- Bespoke trips: we create all of our trips and all our adventure are tried and tested by us.
- We have created close relationships with all of our collaborators, meeting with sailors, oyster farmers, permaculturists and locals to tailor make experiences for you to truly immerse yourself in the Breton culture.
Who are we?
Two Passionate Enthusiasts
Kaouann is the creation of two professionals of sustainable tourism bonding through a shared love of travel, adventure, human connection…but most of all their little slice of paradise, Brittany. Having studied sport and sustainable development, Martin and Damien crossed paths after individual travels all over the world. Meeting a decade ago while working for the same adventure travel company they formed a strong friendship and joined forces to create Kaouann. Their idea: create one-off experiences for the curious and adventurous. Travel Brittany by bicycle, foot, kayak or even surfboard! Discover the true Breton experience while immersed in nature.
Martin, the avid explorer and thrill seeker! Martin is the daredevil. Freezing water? No problem! If there is surf, he’s in there! No matter the obstacle, he will persevere to take you where no-one dares to go, safely of course! He spends weeks constructing and testing the adventures created for you. Climbing, surﬁng, kayaking…it’s a hard job but someone has to do it! His guilty pleasure: food. From guinea pigs to insects to yak milk soup he’s not afraid to push his adventurous palate to the limit! Favourite pastime: football, especially in the most far ﬂung corners of the world. “Because real football creates universal bonds”
Damien, the mindful sportsman Damien, an epicurean at heart, he feeds on every encounter. Taking his time to observe and to feel, sacriﬁcing running on schedule to take it all in and enjoy the moment. He now shares his passion for the discovery of the natural world with his children. However, mindful as he is, he still has a thirst for a challenge! An addiction that probably started in his early years hiking the GR34, the Alps and the Pyrenees each summer. His mantra: never go to bed with the thought that the day was useless.